KimberlyRae has a nature inspired gift box for the gardener in your life! Check out how she created this sweet & whimsical birdhouse gift box!
The rain has fallen and the sunshine has now appeared and we have been planting our garden and flowers all over the place. Also, we love birdhouses and my husband has some pretty unique ones- my favorite is his frog birdhouse...ha. Anyway, I was out in the garden and gave me this idea of a birdhouse gift box. I'm always sending something to someone so what better box then one like this.
I really like the way it turned out and I can't wait to fill it full of goodies and gift to someone :) You can make one, too just follow along my tutorial. Ready? Ok, Let's go make a birdhouse box!
Xyron Mega Runner, 1.5 makers [large tabs and bird stickers]
SCAL3 -[Sure Cuts a Lot]
Bo Bunny ‘Alora' paper kit
SVGcuts- 'Spring Birdhouses' kit
Punkin’ Patch /Patch Stamps [Heirloom Traditions- From the Cozy Craft Studio of:]
Memento Ink Pad[Rhubarb and Tuxedo black]
Click on one of the Punkin’ Patch graphics to get your Punkin’ Patch Stamps [Heirloom Traditions- From the Cozy Craft Studio of:]
Martha Stewart 1" circle punch [the birdhouse hole]
Clear embossing powder
Hot Glue Gun
Scotch tacky glue
White Gel Pen
36 gauge white wrapped floral wire
[Click on Images for a Larger View]
SVGcuts cutting files from the kit 'Spring Birdhouses'. Kit comes complete with this birdhouse and several other birdhouse as well as super cute birdy and flowers and leaves.
Using SCAL3, cut all pieces from SVGcuts cut files with your Craftwell eCraft. I made sure to take the Bo Bunny 'Alora' Squiggles 12x12 sheet of print paper and place it upside down in your eCraft. This will make sure the machine cuts only the upper portion of the piece of paper and that way you only use ONE paper for the entire box! Pretty Cool Stuff-Easy Peasy!
Use these settings for the All pieces:
1. Assemble the roof first by folding over the scored lines your eCraft cut for you. Then glue the four thin sides and then the small tabs and finally the longer two end tabs to the inside of the roof.
2. Prepare the front and back facing roof parts by drawing white dash marks along the tops and set aside.
3. Fussy cut a couple of the birds from the Alora papers, by using your Craftwell Essential Craft Tools and set aside.
4. Ink up the edges of the birds. Run the birds through 1.5 sticker maker by Xyron and adhere to the center of the roof and the other bird just on the tree limb to face the existing bird.
5. Create your personalized signature by stamping with Punkin' Patch Stamp, emboss and heat. Ink the edges and run through Xyron sticker maker. Then adhere to the back of the birdhouse.
6. Using your Xyron Mega Runner adhere the side tab to the body of the birdhouse.
7. Ink top edges
Create Petals and Stems
8. Ink the blue flower edges and with your fingers crimp the all the petals. Repeat on all.
9. Hot glue smaller flower to larger and shape as desired.
10. Wrap wire around the skewer 10 times. Separate 3 rings for the flower center and 3 rings of wire on the bottom for the bottom of the stem.
11. Hot glue the top of the stem to the center of the flower and the bottom to the center of the flower center on the paper.
Embellish as desired and You’re Done!
Thank you for stoppin’ by and always leaving your comment below in the comments section. I hope you make one of these cute birdhouse gift boxes, too :)
Have a wonderful rest of your day and see ya next week!
Hugs and Blessings,
See more of KimberlyRae's creations on her personal blog here: