Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Saying THANK YOU, Never looked this good!
Kim Gaughan is saying THANK YOU in a BIG WAY! Kim is talented, crafty, and thoughtful! See how she gives back to friends, that have her back!
Do you ever feel like sometimes a thank you card just doesn't seem like enough when someone goes out of their way to do something nice for you!? This project is for one of those cases when you want to say thank you, but also want to give someone just something a little extra, maybe some chocolates, candy or handmade jewelry.
eCraft by Craftwell
Xyron Mega Runner
Xyron 5 inch Creative Station
Xyron 1.5 inch Creative Station
SVG's - 3.5 inch Circle Box by Lori Whitlock; Begonia from 3D Flowers Part I by SVG Cuts; Butterfly 9 from Breezy Meadow Butterflies by SVG Cuts; Square Envelope by SVG Cuts; SCAL3 basic shapes - circle and rectangle
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Cardstock and Sticker Elements - This and That Graceful by Echo Park Paper Co.
Stamp - Thankful For You by Unity Stamp Company
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Butterfly Begonia Gift Box
- Using SCAL3 basic shapes and your eCraft cut out a .75 inch circle. (I tried a 1 inch circle but it looked a little too large so I went with the smaller size). Coat with a layer of Glossy Accents and put it to the side to let it dry while you make the rest of the project.
- Cut out the 3.5 inch circle box by Lori Whitlock in SCAL3. I used SCAL3 for this project, because the file imports to the correct size in that program and I needed to ungroup all of the elements and move them to new tabs. This is depending on the color/pattern cardstock you want to cut them out in.
- After all your pieces are cut out, ink the edges with your ink and assemble and adhere the box together with your Xyron Mega Runner.
- Cut out the Begonia at 3 inches wide. (I didn't use the leaves from the svg file, but feel free to do so if you'd like!) Ink the edges of the petals and adhere them together.
- Cut out Butterfly 9 top and bottom at 2.5 inches wide. Ink the edges of both the top and bottom. Run the top of the butterfly through the Xyron 5 inch Creative Station and adhere it to the butterfly bottom. Bend up the butterflies wings slightly so the butterfly isn't flat.
- Add a pop dot underneath the butterfly and attach it to one of the petals on the flower. (You may need to cut down one of your pop dots if it's too large).
- Adhere the flower on top of the box with a pop dot. Adding the pop dot underneath the flower and butterfly will give your gift box some great dimension.
- If your circle is dry now, you can go ahead and adhere it to the middle of your flower. If it doesn't look dry yet, I would recommend waiting until it's completely dry before you attach it to your project.
Square Card - Front
- In SCAL3, choose the rectangle shape and change the width to 8 and the height to 4 and cut this out.
- Score your rectangle in half at 4 inches, so you now have a 4x4 card.
- Cut out 6 butterflies using the bottom of Butterfly 9 at 1 inch wide.
- Cut out a 3x3 inch square and adhere it to the front of the card as pictured.
- Stamp your Thank You sentiment onto the front of the square.
- Attach 4 of your butterflies and some sticker elements from your paper pack.
-Note: Ink all of your edges after you cut out your shapes. Also, when adhering your butterflies to the front of the card you can adhere them flat or bend the wings slightly up and adhering them only in the middle to give the card a little dimension.
Square Card - Inside
I really like Echo Park Paper's Collection Kits because you get cardstock and stickers inside. Their paper is double sided and some of their paper has these great little cards on one side.
- I chose the fantastic, amazing, wonderful card and cut it out with my scissors and then trimmed it down to fit inside my card. I inked the edges and adhered it my Xyron 5 inch CS.
- I took 2 butterflies and also inked the edges of them and adhered them to the inside of the card with my Xyron 1.5 inch CS.
- Resize the Square Envelope svg to 8.20 inches wide and cut out. I cut it out slightly larger then 8 inches wide just to give myself a little extra room in case the butterflies pop up too much from the front of the card.
- I then scored the areas that need to fold and inked the edges and assembled the envelope together with my Xyron Mega Runner leaving the top flap open.
- On the front of the envelope I used the "Thanks So Very Much" sticker from the EP Collection Kit.
- I took one of the long border stickers from the Collection Kit and cut it down and stuck it on the back of the envelope near the folds to make the envelope look a little more interesting. Also, I cut down a little piece of the same border and used it to seal the flap down since I won't be mailing this card, I didn't want to close up the envelope with a lot of adhesive.
A pretty thank you gift box and card that is great for any time of the season. This could even be used for a Mother's Day gift -- as a "thank you for being my Mom". I hope you enjoyed this project! Don't forget to check out the Craftwell Forum if you have any questions! http://www.craftwellusa.com/forum
See you next Tuesday or on the Craftwell forum!
What a beautiful project! And doesn't it inspire you to do more, for the people that give so much in our lives? Truly inspiring!
What more inspiration? Head over to Kim's blog here: