February 21, 2015
Valentine Gable Gift Box
We are delighted to have as a guest designer, Jodi Isenberg-Clark. She is a very talented lady! She is also on the Spectrum Noir Design Team! We love when Jodi presents us with her work! Even though Valentine's day has passed, this is a project whose gift is a delight!
Hello, and welcome to my latest project, a valentine gable box! For this project, I combined my Craftwell eBrush with my Spectrum Noir markers to create this cute gift box that I cut out with my Cricut.
To begin, I used my Cricut to cut out a bunch of different heart shapes in different sizes. I used both the positive and negative shapes for eBrush masking. I first used the negative shapes and placed them where I wanted my darkest hearts to be, then covered the remaining paper (using vellum here) with scraps to protect from overspray. The four heart shapes will be sprayed in the picture below.
Using various shades of Bright Pink Spectrum Noir markers, I started with the lightest color, sprayed a coat over my paper, then proceeded to spray a coat of each different color that I was using to create my dark pink hearts. After eBrushing the hearts, and then removing the masks, my paper looks like this:
After completing the darkest hearts, I laid some of the positive heart shapes in various spots over my paper, creating masked areas that are protected from ink spray.
I proceeded to eBrush each color over the entire paper again, making sure to go over the first four hearts that are on the paper to darken them even more. After eBrushing the same colors over the the entire background, I removed some of the heart shapes, then eBrushed the same colors again, going from lightest to darkest, making sure to go over all of the paper, including the hearts that are already eBrushed.
Repeat this process until all hearts have been removed and the entire background has been eBrushed with layers of your chosen colors. It should look something like this:
Next, I cut out the gable box using my Cricut. I cut out a window on both the front and back of the box and glued in a section of my background to fill the window.
The completed project looks like this:
Love this sweet project!