Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Sponsor Challenge Week Continues! Be sure to enter for our sponsor giveaway! See all the details here!
See what Kim Gaughan came up with today!
Hi Everyone! Thanksgiving is almost here! Using the eBosser and Carta Bella's Alphabet Junction Collection Kit, I created this cute turkey Thanksgiving card as a response to Carta Bella's challenge! (create a card using a scrapbook layout as inspiration)
Here's the scrapbook layout sketch by Carta Bella that I used to help me create this card.
- Carta Bella Alphabet Junction Collection Kit
- Bazzill Cardstock in black, brown, light brown, yellow
- Inkssentials Opaque White Pen
- Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Turkey #2
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Nested Maple Leaves (Small & Medium leaves)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Pumpkin Circles (3 inch pumpkin circle)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels One (4 inch label die)
- Regency Letter Embossing Folder by Craftwell
- Pop Dots
- Paper Trimmer
- With a paper trimmer cut down the green floral cardstock to 12x8. Score the 12 inches in the middle at 6 inches, so you have a 6x8 card with the fold at the top.
- Cut out the turkey die with your eBosser in Bazzill cardstock; assemble and adhere turkey together; using white inkssentials pen to make the whites of the eyes. I also cut out the feet in yellow and attached them on top of the light brown feet.
- Cut out the 3 inch pumpkin circle die with your eBosser in the green floral paper. Glue the turkey die cut on top of the circle.
- Cut out the 4 inch label die with your ebosser in the striped cardstock. Glue the label to the middle center of the card, and using pop dots attach the pumpkin circle die cut.
- Using your eBosser - cut out 1 medium maple leaf in blue cardstock; 2 small leaves in blue cardstock; 2 small leaves in red patterned cardstock; 2 maple leaves in off white. Emboss the 2 off white maple leaves with your eBosser and Regency Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the medium maple leaf to the top right of the label on the card; glue the small red and white leaf next to the blue one.
- On the bottom of the card glue the white and 2 blue leaves (see main picture)
- Place a pop dot underneath the last red maple leaf and attach to the left of the label on the card.
- On the right side of the card, use the sticker letters included in the Alphabet Junction Collection Kit to spell out 'Give Thanks' vertically. (use main picture for reference)
- Place pop dots underneath the blue and beige banner sticker and attach to card underneath the turkey circle. Use small sticker letters from kit to spell out 'gobble' and adhere to banner.
- Using paper trimmer - trim blue cardstock to 3/4 inch x 6 inches; trim red cardstock to 1/2 inch x 5 inches; trim striped cardstock to 1/2 inch x 3 inches. Emboss all 3 strips with eBosser and Regency embossing folder. Then glue the strips onto the left hand side of the card (see pic for reference).
This turkey die is one of my favorites because this lil guy is so darn adorable! I love how bright and cheery Carta Bella's Alphabet Junction Collection makes this card. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions please ask below.
I hope you and your families have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving! =)
Thank you Kim!
We love that tiny turkey too! Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
For more projects by Kim, see her personal blog here: